What a great way to start the week as Kristine Matheson – A Food & Lifestyle Coach from (The Forgotten Secrets) shares her delicious Raw Caramel Mudcake doesn’t this look amazing, I’ve been told it tastes fabulous too:
Raw Caramel Mudcake
2/3 cup almonds (previously soaked for one hour)
6-8 soft pitted dates
1 tsp pure vanilla essence
* Process All the ingredient in the Food Processor
Sprinkle coconut onto the bottom of 8 or 9 inch spring form pan. This is to prevent sticking
* Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan then put into the freezer whilst you are making the filling.
3 cups cashews – soak overnight or minimum of 4 hours
1 cup almond milk
2/3 cup melted cacao butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tbls lecithin
1-cup apricots – soak overnight or a minimum of 4 hours
1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
1/8 water 1/8 cup agave
* Place all ingredients into the blender leaving the cacao and lecithin to last.
* Pour mixture onto piecrust.
* Remove any air bubbles by tapping the pan on a table
* Place in freezer until firm.
* Add caramel sauce – see below
* Place back into freezer until ready to defrost
* Remove whole pie and place on a serving platter
* Add some slivered almonds/and or chopped almonds to decorate
* Place in refrigerator to defrost and ready to serve.
2 cups soft dates
1 cup agave
½ cup coconut oil 1 tbls
* Place all ingredients into the blender until smooth
* Pour over top of frozen cake
* Place in freezer until ready to serve
* Decorate with a few chopped almonds and any nuts of choice
This is the link to Kristine’s recipe book:
About The Author
Kristine is an International Best-Selling Author, Co-author of Olivia Newton-Johns, Livwise Recipe Book, Professional Speaker, Workshop, Retreat and Seminar Facilitator.
She is the winner of International Women’s Day ‘Outstanding Inspirational Role Model Award 2011, Nominated and published in Who’s Who of Australian Women and awarded ‘Professional of the Year’ in her ﬁeld of Health Wellness and Fitness and published in Worldwide Publishing for Empowering Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs around the Globe – (21st Edition USA).
Her high impact wellness protocols has inspired and empowered thousands of men and women around the world to pursue a healthier lifestyle and to live a more productive life.
It is the spirit of achievement that underpins Kristine’ philosophy on life, with her messages of faith in one’s own ability to heal. Her story is a magnificent example of turning fear into courage and failure into success.
Kristine’s recovery from a terminal cancer diagnoses in 2005 and told to get her affairs in order tested her resolve. With the unwavering faith, she rebuilt her body, mind, and soul.